Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One more busy day ended


It is the end to another day. In many aspects it has been the busiest of work days. We added a lot to the foundation walls, while mixing six(!) batches of mortar. After finishing around 7:45 pm I biked to the post box to drop off two letters. On the way back I was stopped by a number of interesting houses. I am ruined by even the little bit of work that I have done on the octagon house. Everything I look at I see in the light of how much work is involved. Architectural details, stone work, symmetry, and so much more that is hard to put in words places the few houses, most built one hundred years ago, as gems in the landscape of vinyl sided-wafer board houses. This project has certainly been more work than I ever imagined, and even more joy than I ever imagined. One more busy day ended, with many more on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    I received your letter and found your blog.What you are trying blows up my imagination. I hope to visit you when you complete this new house.

    ReplyDelete