Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roof rafters



June 1

Last week we began work on the roof structure of the octagon. We hired Nick to help out and Dave, back from the north, helped for three mornings. All but 9 rafters on a single side are now in place and we are nailing up the first rows of roof boards in hopes of keeping the incessant rain off of the plate. It has been a lot of long hours and days. I tell Sam that when he is my age he’ll wonder how I’ve managed to keep up the pace. If the weather cooperates we should have a dry work place in a couple of weeks. The wood structure was tough, especially with 48 jack rafters to cut with a handsaw, but it looks good and the final height and shape of the finished house is now visible.  Jim

1 comment:

  1. Great post yet I was thinking about whether you could compose a litte more on this subject? I'd be extremely grateful on the off chance that you could expound a smidgen further. Welcome it! room additions

    ReplyDelete