Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More floor joists


April 24

Another busy week. The second floor joists are almost in place. Next will be the kitchen ceiling which we plan to give a timber-frame look using the hand-hewn beams that Jack contributed to our project. They come from his grandfather’s 1860’s barn. Dennis helped us today to get the longest of them (18ft) in place ten feet up on the existing walls by lifting them in place along with Sam and a neighbor. Hopefully sometime next week we should be able to start work on the second floor walls. We need to get a roof on soon to protect our already completed work from the spring rains!  Jim

This house is freeing and restricting. I am able to learn so much and see wonderful results. At the same time I must and have said “no” more times than I have in the past. If I want to reap the results of this project I, in turn, must cull other opportunities. I am happy with the work so far and am better understanding the entire picture.  Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment